What about BiSS Line?
BiSS Line is an - Open Source - digital interface for One Cable Technology/Single Cable Technology solutions.
BiSS Line is hardware compatible to industrial standard One Cable Technology/Single Cable Technology solutions.
BiSS Line is protocol content compatible to the open industrial standard BiSS and BiSS Safety.
BiSS Line offers :
- 2-wire and 4-wire communication
- Open standard
- RS485, half duplex, base band data transmission
- Fast, serial, safe
- Forward Error Correction optional
- BiSS C protocol based and fully compatible
- Permanently bidirectional
- Easy to apply for safety systems up to SIL3
- Sensor interface
- Compact and cost-effective
Typical BiSS Line Applications
BiSS Line Concept (PDF, English)
- Motorfeedback systems with single cabe for motor and encoder to drive
- Rotary and Linear encoder with 2-wire or 4-wire interface
- BiSS Safety over BiSS Line
iC-Haus presented the BiSS Interface User Group definitions of BiSS Line for first Open Source Interface in One-Cable-Technologie.
Video of the BiSS Line presentation (Youtube video, German)
at the ZVEI forum, SPS/IPC/Drives 2016 Nuremberg.